Friday, March 07, 2008

Still nothing on tv? Rent Night of the Comet!


Night of the Comet
This has got to be one of my favorite films from childhood. I am no doubt a product of the 80's. My Incredible Hulk doll was best friends with my Donny Osmond doll (why you ask...they both loved purple...and Hulk was a little bit country). I still think leg warmers are the COOLEST and I am a maniac, MANIAC on the floor! When Night of the Comet made its way to cable tv, I was the tender age of 10 and this movie was like totally rad. A mall shopping spree montage scene, machine guns, valley girls, and no adults...what could have been better? I also loved horror movies....so zombies were also A+ in my book. And this one has punk rock new wave zombies no less. Plus Regina had the BEST feathered hair ever. Sigh...

This movie is a must-see for the Buffy fan. There is so much Whedony goodness to be had in this flick: snarky,ass-kicking,mall-loving grrrls...zombies...and did I mention the mall montage scene? Don't forget the sweet 80's synth score and a soundtrack which contains a disturbing amount of Michael McDonald-esque vocal performances.

2 comments:

Shelby Leigh said...

Oh the memories!

db said...

Thanks for the link :)
Webmaster http://www.nightofthecomet.info